Tuesday 6 August 2013

This Is Me



I’m Rob, 24 and I love books. Seriously, I really love books. Books cover every surface in my house; the bookcase is just not enough, and neither was two, or even three for that matter. I’d try to tell you how many I have; but in all honesty I lost count after I hit 500. It’s good (although not in terms of my bank account, or ability to move around my house) that I actually work with books, I’m a 9-5 bookseller, a cog in one of the nations biggest, and only surviving, bookstores. I’m not going to tell you which one because I don’t want to get in trouble, but for the sake of the blog lets just refer to it as ‘Wet Rocks’. In my job I get to talk to people about books all the time, quite frankly whether they like it or not. It’s what I love to do, and I hope that if you’ve stumbled across this site then its what you like to do too. So here’s a blog, which eventually will contain the highs and lows of my literary experiences. I don’t want this to be just like work though - me expressing my opinion over enthusiastically whilst I see the light dimming in the backs of your eyes - so I henceforth proclaim this an open forum: tell me my opinions are stupid, share yours, recommend books to me, or tell me what to avoid. I hope you enjoy my site as much as I intend you to.

If you have any questions, queries or want to get in contact (I’ll always never say no to a free proof copy) get into contact at theperksofbeingabookseller@gmail.com

Rob – The Perks of Being a Bookseller
(yes, it’s a deliberate play on the Chbosky novel...!)

No comments:

Post a Comment